Thursday, December 24, 2009

Gaming Life

What are the rules? I said
and she said, Do exactly what I want whenever I want, make no demands of me whatsoever and love me forever, no questions asked
and I said, how do you win?
and she said, you don't understand. I'm the only one who wins & then she laughed & clapped her hands.
Isn't it a great game? she said."
- Brian Andreas


I can never decided if Life is a game or not, I mean people are always giving me quotes like “life is a game, be careful not to game over” and other cheesy ones I can’t really remember/ I don’t even want to remember.

There are also times that I have been told life is not a game, this is the real deal, if you mess up there is no going back.

But in the context of being selfish (as people often are), if I were to say my life is a game, the rules is that I am the only one that wins.

No comments: