Sunday, December 6, 2009

Crossing lines

"I have too much to lose, she said, if I cross that line. Like what? I said. She could not think of anything that day so she said she'd get back to me. Since then I've been thinking what I would lose if I cross my line & I haven't come up with anything either. There's always another line somewhere. – Brian Andreas”

It’s funny, the amount of limitations we tend to put on ourselves. Always thinking about the things we can’t do rather than all that we can do. But what do we really have to lose? Is it really so much easier to hide in the safety of labels? Am I being reckless with my life if I cross that line? Will I hurt you if I take one more step?

I don’t know.

What I do know is, looking pass all of those labels and all of the limitations put forward by my “I cant’s”, I am larger than life, But right now through sense of reasoning, I have limited myself to just barely surviving.

Why does it scare me to cross lines, when I know I could be living so much better?

It could be the sense of belong to a particular label? The “all for one and one for all” masquerade that we tell ourselves everyday whilst sitting among family and friends, Or maybe it’s the comfort of never having to fail/get hurt, just because your never really tried to begin with? It could also be, that we are so afraid of change because it is something new and different, and that we just don’t know what to expect from it….

Whatever it could be, I just know that I wasted so much time not crossing lines, and now that I think about it, What did I really have to lose? And Why did I have to wait so long to cross the simplest lines?

What happens now that I know this? Another question that will remain unanswered for the moment.

1 comment:

Luminita said...

I reckon ur last questions is very essential.. Now that we know... what do we do with it?

It's weird indeed how many boundaries we set for ourselves. Maybe we can start by having "No Limitations" day or smth.. together. Discuss it and come up with an action plan ;)

Take me out for a coffee sometimes these days..