Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Settle Vs Just


“Many things happened in my life, and I thought that they changed me… but in the end, nothing has changed since I was seventeen.. If I could keep today’s happiness… I wouldn’t worry about tomorrow. ” ― Ai Yazawa

I have always been a 50/50 person, ever since I could remember! Some days where easy to walk through while others where a struggle. However I have always had the same philosophy, at the end of it all, when I am on my death bed, I would like to know that I have had more good days than bad, even if it is just a day difference between the both! 

But lately I have been wondering, What if happiness is really a state of mind? Maybe it is, but we all feel different about it sometimes. 

We all get knocked down, Some of harder than the rest, but we get up, using our own methods and stand tall in our own ways, because we are built to survive. 

We may not get the best card’s dealt to us, but we make do with what we have, and in some cases it makes us luckier than having a good playing hand, because that’s how we learn our values. 

We have come so far, and yet we are worried about tomorrow! And when tomorrow comes, we realize its not as scary as we thought! We settle for a happy day, and then repeat the entire process again and again and again! 

I have been through a lot! We all have, and on some days I wonder… has nothing changed since last year? Maybe it has, maybe it hasn’t. Am I going to stop being happy because of it? I sometimes do and sometimes don’t, even though I know its wrong. 

But I know I am always ready to try again, to see where I end up, because there is a chance it will all turn out different. 

And then maybe I can stop settling for happy days and just be happy?

No comments: