Thursday, November 5, 2009

What do you do when your scared?

What do you do when your scared?

Over more than a year ago I got “The Book of answers” as a birthday gift from some of my friends, Which sort of resembles the magic 8 ball. You can ask a question, then randomly open a page and get the answer for your question. I’m pretty sure they bought it for me as a fun/joke kind of thing, but what they don’t know is the extent to which I use that book. I don’t think anyone knows!

The questions of the day is what do you do when you're scared? (well one of the questions of the day)

I’m like any average person, I must admit that I do have my moments when I’m scared shitless, and I don’t mean scared about that cockroach running across the room or taking an injection shot. Just plain scared about life and the consequences of an action I have to take, or scared about doing something good for me because if I fail, I may not be able to pick myself up again or on the next level, the people in my life may not be able to fix me this time and I will continue existing forever broken.

So what do I do when I am in that state?

Well apart from procrastinating and silently suffering, Since the last year, I actually turn to my book of answers to help me take a decision. Now I know some people may be thinking how can I leave such decisions up to a silly little book or Why doesn’t she talk to a friend I’m sure that would be more sensible than leaving it up to a random flip of page right? Well that is completely true but, what I came to understand about myself is that I do have a strong belief that everything happens for a reason, and we are exactly where we need to be in life right now. However that strong belief tends to leave me in my time of making a decision as I often find myself re-flipping the pages of my book of answers to find the answer that I want to hear (Well in this case read), which means that I have already made the decision on what to do (all by myself might I add), but doing this little abnormal tradition somehow reassures me that everything will be ok.

As I usually flip past my first, second or third answer (In many cases fourth, fifth, sixth, etc) and get angry at what I am reading, usually I question or reason with the book. Why the book is telling me to do this? why not? But I really want to do this! Its not so bad, If I fail I wouldn’t lose much, etc. All questions/justifications I should of stopped to ask/tell myself in the first place. I could of saved a lot of time, But I guess as a fellow human, It would have be un-natural if I made things very easy and simple for myself, as we are complicated creatures.

But I do some what finally understand that no matter what, everything will be ok, and things always do get better instead of worst. I also understand that even when I am scared the most, I am able or I have already made the decision of what is best for me, and I am not leaving life up to chance.

But seriously, what does everybody else do when they are scared?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to see that you're using my last Bday gift... Like I wrote on your FB, I have another one that I need to send to you or get to you somehow. It's very orange, and for your (future) car. HUGS.

TvsC said...

Nice, well when i am scared i consent my lucky coin for an answer. if i dont like the first answer i just flip it again till i get the answer that i want :P